As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Easy air fryer vegetables recipe! This air fryer roasted vegetables makes a healthy and delicious side dish. It is quick and simple to make this air fried vegetables from fresh or frozen.
When I’m not making sauteed vegetables or steamed veggies as a side dish, I’m making this perfect air fryer vegetables usually using low carb vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, and bell pepper.
It’s crispy, flavorful and delicious. Let me show you how to make air fried vegetables that will get even kids asking for more.
Air Fryer Vegetables Recipe
Air fryer vegetables come out similar to oven-roasted vegetables, but the advantage of air frying is that it cooks faster than roasting in the oven, and also the vegetables are crisper. I also feel the air fryer basket is also easier to use and clean than the oven tray.
You can cook all types of vegetables in the air fryer but for this recipe, I have used 6 types of veggies. You can however use more so far the vegetables have similar cooking time.
I used a 5.5litres Xl air fryer to make this and some of the brands I recommend are
What Vegetables to air fry
You can air fry any type of vegetables including tender vegetables and root vegetables. Cooking times vary for different types of veggies and that’s why if cooking multiple veggies at the same time, you should use ones with similar cooking time.
Aside from the ones i’ve used in this recipe, other vegetables you can air fry are:
What to Season vegetables with
You can simply season with black pepper and salt or use one of the below seasonings as I usually do. The seasoning adds aroma and flavor to further enhance the taste.
How to Roast Vegetables in Air Fryer
Wash and cut the vegetables into similar bite-size.
Add them to a bowl and season with salt, black pepper, or any seasoning of choice, and olive oil. Mix so that the veggies are coated in the seasoning.
Add the seasoned veggies into the air fryer basket and air fry at a temperature of 175C for 15 minutes.
Toss the veggies in the basket halfway through cooking so that all sides are crisp.
When done, take out the basket and serve.
How to Air Fry Frozen Vegetables
Can you air fry frozen vegetables? Yes, you can! The tip for air frying frozen vegetables is high heat. That way the vegetables don’t get soggy and overcook and they come out crispy and tasty. Below is how to air fry frozen vegetables:
Season the vegetables and add them to the air fryer basket.
Put on air fryer and roast at a temperature of 200C for 15 minutes.
Shake the basket halfway so that all sides are crisp.
When done, take out the veggies and serve.
What to Serve with
Roasted vegetables can be eaten on it’s own or serve with sides like:
How to Store Leftovers
To store any leftover, put in a freezer bag or airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, It can be reheated in the air fryer, microwave, or oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you steam vegetables in an air fryer?
No, you cannot as steaming requires water. It’s best to steam on a stovetop or in the instant pot. An example is this instant pot steamed carrots.
Are air fryer vegetables healthy?
Yes, they are as they use little or no oil to cook, and also vegetables are packed full of nutrients and antioxidants. Some Vegetables are low calorie and make you fuller for longer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Perfect Air fryer southern fried chicken
Air fryer chicken Legs
If you find this post helpful, rate it 5 stars and leave me a comment below. I love reading from you.
Want more delicious recipes?
Air Fryer Vegetables
- Air Fryer
- 380 g Broccoli
- 250 g Carrots
- 1 Large Bell pepper
- 1 Large Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Seasoning vegetable, chicken, turkey seasoning or any of choice.
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the vegetables into bite size.
- Add them to a bowl and season with salt, black pepper, or any seasoning of choice, and olive oil. Mix so that the veggies are covered in the seasoning.
- Add the seasoned veggies into the air fryer basket and air fry at a temperature of 175C for 15 minutes.
- Toss the veggies in the basket halfway through cooking so that all sides are crisp. When done, take out the basket and serve.
HOW TO AIR FRY FROZEN VEGETABLES
- Can you air fry frozen vegetables? Yes, you can! The tip for air frying frozen vegetables is high heat. That way the vegetables don't get soggy and overcook and they come out crispy and tasty. Below is how to air fry frozen vegetables:
- Season the vegetables and add into the air fryer basket.
- Put on air fryer and roast at a temperature of 200C for 15 minutes.
- Shake the basket halfway so that all side are crisp. When done, take out the veggies and serve.