The best Air fryer steak recipe! This air fried steak topped with garlic butter is so simple, quick, and easy to make. It's flavorful and absolutely delicious. Let me show you how to cook steak in air fryer oven.
This air fryer steak is about to be your favorite air fried steak recipe. Like my instant pot steak recipe which you all love, it's super simple to make, it's tasty, flavorful, tender, and juicy.
We very well like eating meat in my house and steak is one we enjoy eating with either boiled potatoes, chips or roast potatoes, steamed or sauteed vegetables, and gravy or sauces. It makes for a perfect weeknight or weekend dinner. It's high in protein, healthy and tasty.
Air Fryer Steak Recipe
This perfect air fryer steak is made with few simple ingredients. I used ribeye steak for this post but you can use other types of steak like the Sirlion steak, rump steak, New York steak, Porterhouse, flank, beef medallion, skirt steak, tenderloin, or any steak of your choice.
This is the best air fryer steak recipe as it's well seasoned, juicy, and delicious. It is marinated with just a few pantry ingredients. Even though I've listed the seasoning I used in this post, if you have my homemade steak seasoning you can use it. It's aromatic and flavorful and only takes 5 minutes to make.
Whichever way you like your steak, be it rare, medium, or welldone, I have included the timing for you so we can all eat our steak and love it! I like mine well done by the way. Topped with garlic herb butter or chimichurri or just gravy. No pinkiness in the middle.
I use my Probreeze XL 5.5 litres air fryer so it fits 2 steaks. You can do one if that's what yours will fit. Just half the ingredients but don't half the cooking time. Now let's get to how to make perfect steak in an air fryer.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Steak
The detailed ingredient list, directions, and video are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Steak - Ribeye, sirloin, flank, skirt steak, tenderloin or any that is at least 1 inch thick.
FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER
How to Cook Steak in Air fryer
Let me show you in quick steps on how to air fry steak:
Make the seasoning- Add the paprika, oregano, black pepper, salt in a bowl and mix together.
Make the garlic herb butter - Add the garlic granules and freshly chopped parsley in the butter, mix well and store in the fridge till it's time to use.
Season - Pat steak dry and season both sides with the seasoning mix. Leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
Air Fry - Arrange the steaks in the air fryer basket, lightly spray with cooking oil, and air fry at a temperature of 195C for 10 minutes (Welldone. Check below for timing for rare and medium-rare). After half of the time, bring the air fryer basket out and turn the steak to the other side.
Serve- After the 10 minutes cycle is done, bring the steaks out, serve and immediately add the garlic butter on them. Enjoy air fryer garlic butter steak.
How Long Does it take to cook Steak in Air fryer
Rare - This takes about 4 minutes at a temperature of 200C/400F. Flip to the other side after 2 minutes.
Medium rare - It takes about 7 minutes at a temperature of 195C/ 380F. Flip the meat halfway through this time.
Note that timing varies depending on the brand of the air fryer and the thickness of the steak.
What to eat with Steak
Mashed potatoes, boiled or roasted or Chips.
How to Store
To store leftover steak, let it cool completely and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. If storing in the freezer, use a freezer-safe container and label with dates. It can be thawed in the fridge or reheated from frozen.
You can reheat by either air frying, microwaving, or reheat in the oven.
To reheat in the air fryer, arrange in the basket and air fry at a temperature of 180C for 3 minutes or until it’s heated through.
If reheating in the oven, put the steak in an oven tray and bake at a temperature of 350F for 5 minutes or till heated through. Serve and enjoy.
Tips for Air fryer Steak
- Season and leave to rest for 10 minutes before air frying.
- Don't overlap the steaks in the basket.
- After cooking and adding the garlic herbed butter, leave to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it.
- You can use other seasonings for your steak such as suya spice, Italian seasoning, taco seasoning.
- You can top with chimichurri instead of garlic butter sauce.
Why air fry steak?
In my opinion, it is the fastest and easiest way of cooking steak. The meat comes out juicy, tender, and delicious.
Can I cook frozen steak in air fryer?
I haven't tested this recipe with frozen steak yet so I advise you thaw first then follow the instructions in this post. You can leave in the fridge overnight to thaw.
Other Steak recipes on the blog
More Air Fryer Recipes
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you find this post helpful, rate it 5 stars and leave me a comment below. I love reading from you.
Want more delicious recipes?
Best Air Fryer Steak Recipe (How To Cook Steak in Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer
- 2 Steak Ribeye, New York, Sirloin or any steak of choice.
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper or to taste
For the Garlic Herb Butter
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped Parsley
- Add the paprika, oregano, black pepper, salt in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the garlic granules and freshly chopped parsley in the butter, mix well and store in the fridge till it's time to use.
- Pat steak dry and season both sides with the seasoning mix. Leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Arrange the steaks side by side in the air fryer basket and air fry at a temperature of 195C for 10 minutes (welldone). After half of the time, bring the air fryer basket out and turn the steak to the other side.
- After the 5 minutes cycle is done, bring the steaks out, serve and immediately add the garlic butter on the steaks.Enjoy air fryer garlic butter steak.