Air fryer eggplant recipe that is simple, and straightforward. These air fryer eggplant fries are seasoned with simple spices and roasted to perfection. No breading required, it is tender, crisp, and delicious. Learn how to make it with this step-by-step guide.
This is one of the easiest air fryer recipes you'll make. This air fried eggplant is a great vegetable side dish that takes just a few minutes to make. Yes, you can roast eggplant in your air fryer in less than 10 minutes! How about that for quick?
Eggplant is also known as Aubergine and it makes for a healthy snack or side dish. It tastes amazing when air fried and no hint of bitterness whatsoever with this recipe. It's just perfect!
Air Fryer Eggplant Recipe
This air fryer eggplant recipe is flavorful, delicious and no breadcrumb required. It also does not require parmesan however you can sprinkle some on it after cooking if you like.
The best air fryer eggplant fries recipe that is so easy and quick. It is ready in just 8 minutes and you have a tasty side dish or snack.
It's healthy, low carb, keto-friendly, vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free! What's not to love about this air fried eggplant? It suits most dietary requirements and we love it.
Eggplant is high in fibre and packed full of nutrients and you can simply just season with salt and pepper but I have seasoned it with paprika, garlic, pepper, and parsley for more flavor. You can also use any seasoning of your choice.
Eggplant - This is also known as Aubergine in the UK. It is purple in color and in the nightshade family.
Paprika - Adds Color and smokiness. You will love the flavor and how appealing the eggplant looks.
Garlic powder - For Flavor. You can also add some onion powder if you wish.
Olive oil - Healthy fat that helps the eggplant crisp
Pepper - Black pepper, cayenne or chili flakes.
Salt - To taste
You can season with other spices. I always have jerk seasoning, Italian seasoning, chicken seasoning, and others in my cupboard and usually just add a tablespoon of this and olive oil to the eggplant.
How to Cook Eggplant in Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 180C/360F
Wash the eggplant and cut it into fries, cubes, slices, wedges, or diced. Whatever shape you chose, cut into equal size so they cook evenly.
Add into a bowl, then add in the paprika, garlic, oregano, pepper, salt (or any seasoning you've chosen), and olive oil. Mix well so they are well coated in the seasoning.
Arrange the eggplant in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
Air fry at a temperature of 180C/ 360F for 8 -10 minutes depending on the size of eggplant.
Bring out the basket and shake halfway through cooking so that all sides are cooked evenly.
When done, bring out the eggplant fries and serve.
It's best eaten warm. You can top with Garlic butter, Parmesan, cheese, or any topping of choice.
What to Serve With
Some recommendation on how to serve or use it are :
Pasta - Stir in pasta salad like this Italian pasta salad
How to Store
It is so easy to make and quick that you can make it fresh all the time however if you do have leftovers, rather than go to waste, Store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Ensure it's cooled and put in an airtight container or ziptop bag before storing it in the refrigerator.
You can store it in the freezer and repurpose it by using in stews, curries, soups. It can also be used in omelettes like this instant pot omelette.
To reheat: Reheat in the microwave, air fryer or oven.
To reheat in the microwave, start with 1 minute at a high temperature settings and add additionally by 30 seconds if need be.
In air fryer: Put in the air fryer basket and air fryer at a temperature of 175C for 2 minutes or till heated through.
In oven - Spread on a baking trayuntil warmed through.
- Eggplant is known as Aubergine in the UK.
- Select eggplants that have a firm texture with a slight dip.
- You can cut into fries, cubes, or wedges however cut into similar size and thickness so it cooks evenly.
- Don't cut too thin.
- You can roast whole if you prefer.
- Explore with other seasonings of choice to flavor.
- Substitute black pepper for cayenne or chili flakes.
- Substitute olive oil with Sunflower, or vegetable oil. You can omit the oil if you prefer.
- Don't overcrowd the basket. If cooking more than 1 eggplant, make sure they are arranged in a single layer in the basket and not piled.
- Shake basket halfway through cooking so that all sides cook evenly and crisp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you peel eggplant before cooking?
No, you don't. Just rinse the eggplant to get rid of any dirt before cutting and seasoning it.
Is salting eggplant neccessary?
No, it's not. I like to add a bit of salt to enhance the taste however if you are on a low or no salt diet, you can leave it out.
More Recipes You'll love
Easy Air fryer white fish
I hope you like this recipe as much as we do. If you find this post helpful, rate it 5 stars and leave me a comment below. I love reading from you.
Air Fryer Eggplant
- Air Fryer
- 1 Large Eggplant (also known as Aubergine)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper substitute with cayenne or chili flakes.
- ½ teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 180C/360FWash the eggplant and cut it into fries, cubes, wedges. Whatever shape you chose, cut into equal size so they cook evenly.
- Add into a bowl, then add in the paprika, garlic, oregano, pepper, salt (or any seasoning you've chosen), and olive oil. Mix well so they are well coated in the seasoning.
- Arrange the eggplant in the air fryer basket in a single layer.Air fry at a temperature of 180C/ 360F for 8 -10 minutes depending on the size you cut of eggplant.
- Bring out the basket and shake halfway through cooking so that all sides are cooked evenly.
- When done, bring out the eggplant fries and serve. It's best eaten warm. You can top with Garlic butter, Parmesan, cheese, or any topping of choice.