As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Full Affiliates Disclosure here.
Instant pot lamb chops ! Well seasoned, juicy, flavourful and delicious. This pressure cooker lamb chops recipe is easy and quick. Requires few ingredients and makes for delightful weeknight or weekend dinner.
Lamb chops is a favourite of ours and it’s so easy to make that I make it often. There are so many ways to season and cook lamb chops including stovetop, oven and of course in the instant pot pressure cooker like this recipe but let me tell you, this lamb chops recipe is restaurant style quality or even better! seasoned to perfection, juicy and tender. Let me show you how to cook lamb chops in pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Lamb Chops Recipe
This instant pot lamb chops recipe is quick and easy like you season the lamb chops, sear the sides, pressure cook for few minutes and voila you have juicy, tender lamb chops. You can use this recipe for lamb steaks, lamb loin chops and forequarters.
If you’ve been following this blog, you already know i have instant pot duo 6 quart. This lamb chops recipe was made in it however you can make it in similar brand of electric pressure cooker like pressure king pro, ninja foodie and others. The instant pot 6 quart fitted 4 lamb chops conveniently.
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT LAMB CHOPS
Detailed ingredients list and directions in printable recipe card at the end of this post.
You can use as few as just 3 ingredients for lamb chops that is – lamb chops, salt and pepper but this one is well seasoned and i have made use of a bit more but still few ingredients. The ingredients you’ll need for this recipe are:
Black pepper or Cayenne pepper
Garlic – fresh minced garlic or garlic powder works fine for this recipe
Lemon – optional
HOW TO COOK LAMB CHOPS IN INSTANT POT
Making lamb chops in instant pot pressure cooker is easy, simple and quick. You can also make sides like potatoes and gravy in the instant pot at the same time. In this post i’ll show you how to make lamb chops and gravy with the drippings from the lamb chops.
1) Clean and pat dry lamb chops with kitchen towel.
2) Season lamb chops – Mix parsley, oregano, rosemary, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, onion powder . Rub all over the lamb chops and squeeze lemon juice on the lamb chops.
Best to marinate for 30 minutes up to 24 hours
3) Sear – Set instant pot to saute function then add olive oil.
4) When olive oil is heated, add in lamb chops and sear the side for 2 minutes without moving it then turn and sear the other side for another 2 minutes before transferring to a plate.
5) Add 1 cup water in the inner pot of the instant pot, scrape inner pot to deglaze the pot then place a trivet in the inner pot of the instant pot.
6) Put seared lamb chops on trivet then cover instant pot with it’s lid and put vent in sealing position. Set instant pot to pressure cook high for 6 minutes and do a 5 minutes natural release.
8) Once instant pot is depresurised, open and take out lamb chops. Leave to rest for 5 minutes then enjoy with sides of choice.
HOW TO MAKE GRAVY FROM LAMB CHOPS
Don’t let the drippings from the lamb chops go to waste, make some gravy! Here’s how:
1) After removing lamb chops from the instant pot, set instant pot to saute mode.
2) Pour cornflour slurry in content of the pot. Stir till gravy thickens then take off heat.
3) Pour in gravy boat to serve.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LAMB CHOPS
I like to serve lamb chops with sides like
TIPS FOR INSTANT POT LAMB CHOPS
- Sear lamb chops before pressure cooking to lock in juices and for better flavour.
- Remember to deglaze the instant pot after searing so as to avoid burn error when pressure cooking.
- Rest lamb chops for atleast 5 minutes before cutting into it.
HOW LONG TO COOK LAMB CHOPS IN PRESSURE COOKER
For this recipe, after browning the sides for the recommended time, pressure cook for 6 minutes then afterwards 5 minutes natural pressure release.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER
Allow lamb chops to cool completely before putting in airtight container or freezer bag. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months.
MORE INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES ON THE BLOG
Instant Pot Lamb Chops
- Instant pot pressure cooker
- 4 Lamb chops
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne or black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2-3 tablespoon Lemon juice optional
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean and pat dry lamb chops with kitchen towel.
- Season lamb chops – Mix parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper, onion powder . Rub all over the lamb chops and squeeze lemon juice on the lamb chops.
- Sear lamb chops – Set instant pot to saute function then add olive oil.
- When olive oil is heated, add in lamb chops and sear the side for 2 minutes without moving it then turn and sear the other side for another 2 minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Add 1 cup water in the inner pot of the instant pot, scrape inner pot to deglaze the pot then place a trivet in the inner pot of the instant pot. Put seared lamb chops on trivet then cover instant pot with it’s lid and put vent in sealing position.
- Set instant pot to pressure cook high for 6 minutes and do a 5 minutes natural release.
- Once instant pot is depresurised, open and take out lamb chops. Leave to rest for 5 minutes then enjoy with sides of choice.
Don’t want to miss a thing? Subscribe to the blog for free weekly recipes in your email. Also follow recipe vibes on instagram and pinterest. Subscribe to recipe vibes Youtube channel for recipe videos.
If you try this recipe, rate it and leave comment below. I love reading from you!