Instant pot lamb chops ! Well seasoned, juicy, flavourful and delicious. This pressure cooker lamb chops recipe is easy and quick. Requires few ingredients and makes for delightful weeknight or weekend dinner.
Lamb chops is a favourite of ours and it's so easy to make that I make it often. There are so many ways to season and cook lamb chops including stovetop, oven, and of course in the instant pot pressure cooker like this recipe but let me tell you, this lamb chops recipe is restaurant style quality or even better! seasoned to perfection, juicy, and tender. Let me show you how to cook lamb chops in pressure cooker.
Related: Air Fryer Lamb chops, Roast Leg of Lamb.
Instant Pot Lamb Chops Recipe
This instant pot lamb chops recipe is quick and easy like you season the lamb chops, sear the sides, pressure cook for few minutes and voila you have juicy, tender lamb chops. You can use this recipe for lamb steaks, lamb loin chops and forequarters.
If you've been following this blog, you already know i have instant pot duo 6 quart. This lamb chops recipe was made in it however you can make it in similar brand of electric pressure cooker like pressure king pro, ninja foodie and others. The instant pot 6 quart fitted 4 lamb chops conveniently.
INGREDIENTS FOR INSTANT POT LAMB CHOPS
Detailed ingredients list and directions in printable recipe card at the end of this post.
You can use as few as just 3 ingredients for lamb chops that is - lamb chops, salt and pepper but this one is well seasoned and i have made use of a bit more but still few ingredients. The ingredients you'll need for this recipe are:
Black pepper or Cayenne pepper
Garlic – fresh minced garlic or garlic powder works fine for this recipe
Lemon - optional
HOW TO COOK LAMB CHOPS IN INSTANT POT
Making lamb chops in instant pot pressure cooker is easy, simple and quick. You can also make sides like potatoes and gravy in the instant pot at the same time. In this post i'll show you how to make lamb chops and gravy with the drippings from the lamb chops.
1) Clean and pat dry lamb chops with kitchen towel.
2) Season lamb chops - Mix parsley, oregano, rosemary, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, onion powder . Rub all over the lamb chops and squeeze lemon juice on the lamb chops.
Best to marinate for 30 minutes up to 24 hours
3) Sear - Set instant pot to saute function then add olive oil.
4) When olive oil is heated, add in lamb chops and sear the side for 2 minutes without moving it then turn and sear the other side for another 2 minutes before transferring to a plate.
5) Add 1 cup water in the inner pot of the instant pot, scrape inner pot to deglaze the pot then place a trivet in the inner pot of the instant pot.
6) Put seared lamb chops on trivet then cover instant pot with it’s lid and put vent in sealing position. Set instant pot to pressure cook high for 6 minutes and do a 5 minutes natural release.
8) Once instant pot is depresurised, open and take out lamb chops. Leave to rest for 5 minutes then enjoy with sides of choice.
HOW TO MAKE GRAVY FROM LAMB CHOPS
Don't let the drippings from the lamb chops go to waste, make some gravy! Here's how:
1) After removing lamb chops from the instant pot, set instant pot to saute mode.
2) Pour cornflour slurry in content of the pot. Stir till gravy thickens then take off heat.
3) Pour in gravy boat to serve.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LAMB CHOPS
I like to serve lamb chops with sides like
TIPS FOR INSTANT POT LAMB CHOPS
- Sear lamb chops before pressure cooking to lock in juices and for better flavour.
- Remember to deglaze the instant pot after searing so as to avoid burn error when pressure cooking.
- Rest lamb chops for atleast 5 minutes before cutting into it.
HOW LONG TO COOK LAMB CHOPS IN PRESSURE COOKER
For this recipe, after browning the sides for the recommended time, pressure cook for 6 minutes then afterwards 5 minutes natural pressure release.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER
Allow lamb chops to cool completely before putting in airtight container or freezer bag. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months.
MORE INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES ON THE BLOG
Instant Pot Chicken drumsticks
Instant Pot Lamb Chops
- Instant pot pressure cooker
- 4 Lamb chops
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne or black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2-3 tablespoon Lemon juice optional
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean and pat dry lamb chops with kitchen towel.
- Season lamb chops - Mix parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper, onion powder . Rub all over the lamb chops and squeeze lemon juice on the lamb chops.
- Sear lamb chops - Set instant pot to saute function then add olive oil.
- When olive oil is heated, add in lamb chops and sear the side for 2 minutes without moving it then turn and sear the other side for another 2 minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Add 1 cup water in the inner pot of the instant pot, scrape inner pot to deglaze the pot then place a trivet in the inner pot of the instant pot. Put seared lamb chops on trivet then cover instant pot with it’s lid and put vent in sealing position.
- Set instant pot to pressure cook high for 6 minutes and do a 5 minutes natural release.
- Once instant pot is depresurised, open and take out lamb chops. Leave to rest for 5 minutes then enjoy with sides of choice.
Don’t want to miss a thing? Subscribe to the blog for free weekly recipes in your email. Also follow recipe vibes on instagram and pinterest. Subscribe to recipe vibes Youtube channel for recipe videos.
If you try this recipe, rate it and leave comment below. I love reading from you!
I made this recipe tonight and it was delicious. I cut some potatoes into quarters and sautéed them a little after the chops to give them color and flavor, then removed them and deglazed the pan. I put the potatoes on the rack in the spaces between the chops and pressure cooked it all together. Easy and tasty. Thanks for a good recipe.
That's good to know Debbie. Thanks so much for the feedback.
Cathy M says
I did everything as recipe said and it went beautifully
But lamb was very very well done with an internal temperature of 180
Margo Berg says
I wish it had the lbs of lamb it used in the recipe. I cooked alot of lamb. 2 pkgs
About 7lbs so I ended up overcooking bc I tried to adjust the time accordingly. Came out tasty but not as tender as I expected. Maybe next time:)
How done will the lamp chops be after following this recipe? I prefer my meat cooked to medium.
Carol Gehl says
Hi from Wisconsin! So glad I used this recipe for some nice lamb loin chops in the instant pot. Perfectly done! Made some wild rice/mushroom first & it was a great meal! Look forward to more recipes!
Thank you for the great feedback.
I made this recipe tonight. I like the fact that the lamb did not taste fatty & I used bbq chops which cooked nicely. The gravy was very nice & had a nice heat from the cayenne . I will make this again.
Many thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you liked the recipe.
I made this tonight it was perfect thanks
That's good to know. Thanks for the feedback.
Fantastic recipe Kemi! Quite honestly the best lamb chops I have cooked. Tender and flavourful. The gravy turned out really well and made the dish pretty special. Thank you!
Thank you so much for the feedback 🙂
Michelle Coates says
This recipe was just amazing , the flavours work so well and instructions are very clear . We are just getting used to using our new Ninja Foodie and this was dish was perfect. Thanks so much Kemi.
Hi Michelle, Thanks so much for the feedback.
Just got my instant pot duo 8, and bought some lamb chops! Excited to make this recipe! But why use water to deglaze instead of beef broth? And can you explain how you would make potatoes at the same time? Thx so much
You can also use broth to deglaze if you prefer. Adjust for salt though.
I've used this recipe several times. So easy and tasteful. I go a bit heavier on the garlic, but I love it like that. Thanks for the recipe. Love it
Thanks so much for the feedback Pam.