Instant pot stir fry ! This easy instant pot chicken stir fry recipe is easy, quick, healthy and super delicious. Packed full of vegetables and meat, it makes for great mid week dinner served on rice or egg noodles. This is the best instant pot stir fry recipe.
What is stir fry
Stir frying is a chinese cooking technique where the ingredients usually meats and vegetables are fried in small amount of oil while being rapidly tossed and stirred. When cooked, the vegetables are crisp and bright, the meats browned, tender and delicious.
The vegetables and meats are cut into bite size pieces and because the cooking is quick, the vegetables retain texture and preserve nutrients and natural juices. Stir fries are traditionally made in wok over , but can be made in pans and also in the instant pot. Let me show you how to make the perfect instant pot stir fry.
Instant Pot Stir Fry
This instant pot stir fry is simple to make, full of flavour, ready in 15 minutes and you don't have to pressure cook. This recipe makes use of the saute function of the instant pot. With instant pot saute mode, the heat is evenly distributed accross the inner pot and thus great for making the perfect stir fry. This recipe serves 4 and it was tested many times in my instant pot duo 7 in 1 6 quart. You can also make it in the 8 quart , 10 quart and other model. It's a one pot dish and cleaning up is easy.
Instant Pot Beef Stir Fry
For instant pot beef stir fry, substitute beef for chicken in this recipe. Cut beef into bitesize in equal sizes and follow the instructions detailed in the recipe card below.
Instant Pot Chicken Stir fry
The best instant pot chicken stir fry recipe. I have used chicken in this post. It's cheap, delicious, quick, versatile and the whole family can enjoy it. It is one pan stir fry that can be made with your favourite vegetables, chicken and sauce.
Serve it on instant pot basmati rice, perfect long grain rice , pasta or egg noodles.
Ingredients for stir fry
The ingredients you'll need for this recipe are (full ingredient list, instructions and video in the recipe card) :
Meat - Beef or Chicken breast or thigh cut into bite size pieces
Bell peppers - Red, yellow, green
Broth or water
What else can i add to stir fry ?
Stir fry is a good way of using leftover vegetables or vegetables in season. You can add these additional vegetables to your stir fry :
Brocolli - Add it towards the end as brocolli cooks faster than most vegetables.
Mangeout or sugarsnaps
Bok choy or spinach
How to make instant pot stir fry
It's important you get all ingredients ready before starting to cook. This cooks fast and won't give you time to be prepping during cooking.
1) Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and also set aside.
2) Slice the bell peppers and also set aside.
3) In a small bowl mix soy sauce, cornflour, sesame oil and water. Stir and set aside.
4) Set instant pot to saute then add sunflower oil in the inner pot of the instant pot.
5) When oil is heated add in the chicken and brown the sides. This takes about 5 minutes.
6) Add in the garlic, onion, carrot and bell peppers.
7) Stir fry for 2 minutes then add in the soy sauce/cornflour mixture.
Stir for a minute or 2 then switch off the instant pot and remove the inner pot from the instant pot.
Serve and enjoy.
What to serve with stir fry
I usually pair this with rice! i absolutely love eating rice. You can serve stir fry on it's own and keep it low carb especially if you don't want the additional carbohydrates from rice. You can serve chicken stir fry on
Egg noodles or other types of noodles.
Long grain rice
Pasta - like spaghetti, linguine, fettucine.
Tips for making instant pot stir fry
- Get all ingredients in place before starting to cook.
- Lay chicken in single file in the pot when browning. Don't pile or overcrowd the pot.
- Avoid using large chunks of meat or it will take longer to cook.
- Meat should be cut in equal shape and size so they cook evenly.
- Cut chicken or beef into bite size pieces to ensure the chicken cooks thoroughly and quicker.
- Don't forget to keep tossing and stirring.
- You can add in your favourite vegetables.
- Use any part of boneless chicken with skin off.
How to store chicken stir fry
Store chicken stir fry in the fridge up to 3 days and in the feeezer for up to 4 months. Put in airtight container or freezer bags and label before refrigerating.
Some other chicken recipes you'll love
Instant Pot Stir Fry
- Instant Pot
- 600 g Chicken breast or thigh or beef
- 2 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Seasame oil
- 1 each Bell pepper red, yellow and green
- 1 large Onion sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 100g Carrot batons
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- ¼ cup Water more if you want it more saucy.
- 3 tablespoon Sunflower oil or Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces and season with the paprika, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Slice the bell peppers and also set aside.
- In a small bowl mix soy sauce, cornflour, sesame oil and water. Stir and set aside.
- Set instant pot to saute then add sunflower oil in the inner pot of the instant pot.
- When oil is heated add in the chicken and brown the sides. This takes about 5 minutes
- Add in the garlic, onion, carrot and bell peppers.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes then add in the soy sauce/cornflour mixture. Stir for a minute or 2 then switch off the instant pot and remove the inner pot from the instant pot.
- Serve stir fry and enjoy
Want more? Check out these pasta recipes
Don’t want to miss a thing? Subscribe to the blog for free weekly recipes in your email. Also follow recipe vibes on instagram and pinterest.
If you try this chicken stir fry recipe, rate it and leave comment below. I’d love to read from you!
I love stir fry dishes. Your recipe here sounds really tasty.
I love stir fry. I will have to try this recipe out x
Wow that’s impressively quick! I’m always on the look out for quick, easy and healthy dinners for the whole family 🙂
It is. Instant Pot is really a magic pot
Bella and Dawn at Dear Mummy Blog says
We've never tried an instant pot stir fry before and that pretty nifty and I bet uses less oil! Going to have to get myself a pot like yours!
Laura Schwormstedt says
Ooh we love stirfry in our house - such a nice and simple way to rustle up something healthy and packed with veggies
I’ve never heard of an instant pot, I’m so curious now. Love stir fries