Instant Pot Scrambled eggs ! so soft, creamy, fluffy and delicious. This easy scrambled eggs made in the instant pot is the perfect scrambled eggs recipe. It requires just 2 key ingredients and it's ready in 2 minutes or less! Makes for simple breakfast meal.
What is Scrambled eggs ?
Scrambled eggs is a dish made from eggs, butter, salt and sometimes with other ingredients like black pepper, cayenne pepper, spring onions and others. It is a simple dish that is quick and easy and usually served as breakfast. Scrambled eggs can be cooked in the microwave, stovetop or in the instant pot like this recipe.
Instant Pot Scrambled eggs
This is one of the easiest instant pot recipes you'll ever make and it's perfect. It takes 2 minutes or less using the saute mode of the instant pot and no need to pressure cook. The saute mode of the instant pot ensures equal heat distribution which makes it a great gadget for making scrambled eggs. This recipe was made using my instant pot duo 7 in 1 6 quart but you can make it in any of the other sizes.
Is scrambled eggs healthy?
Depending on the recipe and how it's cooked, scrambled eggs are generally healthy. Eggs are high in protein, low in fat and are one of the healthiest foods to eat. It is also weightloss friendly. One egg has approximately 78 calories. To even make scrambled eggs healthier, you can cook with low fat cooking spray or healthy oils like olive oil instead of butter.
Ingredients for instant pot scrambled eggs
For this easy scrambled eggs recipe, you'll need (detailed list, recipe and video in recipe card at the end of this post)
What else can i add to my scrambled eggs
Black pepper - Add this at the same time you add salt.
Creme - As substitute for milk
Spring onions - In the egg mixture or as garnish.
Grated cheese - Add this on cooked scrambled eggs.
How to make scrambled eggs in instant pot
This instant pot scrambled eggs use the saute function of the instant pot and it takes just 2 minutes or less to cook. No need for pressure cooking at all.
1) Break the eggs in a bowl, then add milk and salt.
2) Whisk the eggs, milk and salt together.
3) Set the instant pot to saute function then add butter in the inner pot of the instant pot.
4) When butter is melted, add the egg mixture into the instant pot. Stir the eggs, lift, fold and scramble until no liquid left.
5) Turn off sautee and take the inner pot out of the instant pot.
6) Serve scrambled eggs and enjoy.
What goes with scrambled eggs
On it's own - You can eat it on it's own as a meal.
Served on toast
Potatoes - Scrambled eggs pairs great with boiled potatoes or instant pot roast potatoes
Tips for fluffy scrambled eggs
- Non stick pans are best for scrambled eggs so if you have non stick inner pot, use it over stainless steel.
- Don't overcook- Scrambled eggs will continue to cook with retained heat from the inner pot.
- You can substitute sunflower oil or cooking spray for butter.
- Whisk to aerate the eggs for light, fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Don't stop mixing and folding while the eggs are cooking to avoid sticking to pan.
- Remember to turn off saute button to avoid the eggs drying out or burning.
- Best served warm.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Can you freeze scrambled eggs
Yes you can. See details below.
How to store scrambled eggs
This recipe is so easy and quick to make that you'll probably have no need to store. However, if you ever need to make ahead and store, allow scrambled eggs to cool completely then put in airtight container, label and store in the fridge for up to 4 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To reheat, thaw then heat in the microwave.
Check out these delicious recipes on the blog
Instant Pot Scrambled Eggs
- Instant Pot
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tablespoon Milk fresh whole milk
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- Salt to taste
- Break the eggs in a bowl, then add milk and salt.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and salt together till light.
- Set the instant pot to saute function then add butter in the inner pot of the instant pot.
- When butter is melted, add the egg mixture into the pot. Stir the eggs, lift, fold and scramble until no liquid left.
- Turn off sautee and take the inner pot out of the instant pot (so it doesn't keep cooking with retained heat) .
- Serve scrambled eggs and enjoy.
Don't overcook- Scrambled eggs will continue to cook with retained heat from the inner pot.
You can substitute sunflower 0il or cooking spray for butter.
Whisk to aerate the eggs for light, fluffy scrambled eggs.
Don't stop stirring and folding while the eggs are cooking to avoid burning.
Remember to turn off saute button to avoid the eggs drying out or burning
Best served warm.
Want more? Check out these chicken recipes
If you try this scrambled eggs recipe, rate it and leave comment below. I'd love to read from you!