Garlic butter shrimp pasta. This garlic shrimp pasta recipe is quick, easy and delicious. A seafood dish made with garlic, butter, shrimps and topped with parmesan cheese and squeeze of lemon for the ultimate weeknight or weekend dinner.
This easy shrimp pasta is made up of some of my favourite foods. I absolutely love shrimps. When you add butter, garlic and pasta to that, i'm all up for it. In my fried spaghetti post, i told you about my family's love of pasta. So any dish with pasta is a winner and this one right here is another of my favourite pasta recipe. It takes just 20 minutes to cook. So if you want something you can quickly rustle up without compromising on taste, this shrimp and pasta recipe is the one for you.
Think about it shrimp, garlic, butter and pasta. What better combination? This shrimp pasta recipe easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Shrimp for garlic butter shrimp pasta
I use frozen peeled prawns (Prawns in the UK, Shrimps in the US and other side of the world). This is easily accesible and i get them in King or Jumbo size at good price. They taste so good and works well for me everytime. If using unpeeled prawns, peel and season with salt and black pepper.
Related: Spinach pasta, lemon pasta
Garlic shrimp pasta ingredients
This quick shrimp pasta recipe cooks so fast so i advise you get the ingredients set up before you start cooking (This is what i do for all my cooking).
Here’s what you need for this shrimp pasta recipe:
Linguine - You can use any pasta of choice like spaghetti, fettucine or any long type pasta.
Extra virgin olive oil
White wine or water or chicken broth
Parmesan cheese - Parmigiano
How to make Garlic shrimp pasta
Here is how to make the best garlic shrimp pasta recipe:
1)Add water in a pot and put on stove to boil. Add salt and linguine and leave to cook for 10 minutes or till aldente. Drain and set aside.
2) In a pan add extra virgin olive oil and half the butter then add in the shrimps, garlic, crushed chillies, oregano, seasoning cube and parsley. Fry the shrimp for about 3 minutes before adding white wine, water or stock.
3) Add in the linguine, spinach, remaining butter and parmesan cheese. Mix well and take off heat after 2-5 minutes.
4) Sprinkle with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (Optional)
5) Best Served immediately.
Frequently asked questions
What type of pasta can i use for this pasta recipe?
This recipe makes use of Linguine however you can use Spaghetti, fettucine, or any long type pasta.
Can i use Prawn?
What other name for Parmesan cheese?
Parmigiano Reggiano is what it is called if made in Italy and if made outside Italy, it's called Parmesan so use either of the two.
What else can i add in my pasta
How to store leftover pasta
Store leftover garlic butter shrimp pasta in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. To reheat, add a bit of water to prevent the pasta from drying out.
It can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Check out these other delicious recipes on the blog:
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta
- 500 g Linguine
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 6 tbsp Butter halved
- 300 g Shrimp /Prawns
- 1 tbsp Crushed chillies
- 1 Seasoning cube optional
- 1 tbsp Dried Parsley or 1 handful chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ tspn Oregano
- ¼ cup White wine or water or chicken stock
- 1.5 cup Baby spinach
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- 6-8 cloves Garlic minced
- Add water in a pot and put on stove to boil. Add salt and linguine and leave to cook for 10 minutes or till pasta is aldente. Drain and set aside.
- In a pan, add olive oil and half of the butter then add in the garlic, shrimps, crushed chillies, seasoning cube, oregano, parsley. Fry the shrimp for 3 minutes before adding white wine or water.
- Add in the cooked linguine, spinach, remaining half of butter and parmesan cheese. Mix well and and take off heat after 2 -5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a tablespoon of fresh lemon juice (Optional)
- Serve immediately.
If you use this recipe, rate it and leave a comment to let me know how it goes.
Subscribe to the blog so you'll never miss a recipe. You'll receive weekly free recipes delivered to your email. Follow on instagram and subscribe to Recipe Vibes on Youtube.
What a tasty looking recipe
We love pasta dishes here. This recipe sounds lovely. I will try it.