This easy homemade meatballs recipe is the best homemade meatballs ever. So juicy, moist, simple and quick to make. It takes 30 minutes from prep to finish and you only need few ingredients.
How to make meatballs from mince
This meatballs recipe is made with minced beef. You can use turkey mince, chicken, pork mince, mix of the meats or whatever meat mince you prefer. For homemade minced meat, check How to make minced meat at home. When i posted the short video of how to make minced meat at home, i had people ask what recipes to use minced meat for. So here is one of the numerous recipes i use it for - Homemade Meatballs!
I make my meatballs from scratch. I know i always say homemade is best but it's actually true. Let me tell you other reasons why i make easy homemade meatballs:
Why i make meatballs from scratch
I know what's in my meatballs - I chose the type of meat, ratio of fat, i can mix turkey mince and chicken mince, decide to use lean meat or not.. I'm sure you get the drift.
Tastes really good - It tastes better than store bought and i ensure it's well seasoned.
Size - I decide how small or big i want the meatballs. I can make mini meatballs or giant meatballs if i chose.
Better than store bought - Once you try this recipe, you'll never go store bought again. It's so much better in taste and quality.
Related: How to cook meatballs in the oven
Ingredients for homemade meatballs
For this recipe you will need few ingredients:
Seasoning Cube (optional)
Breadcrumbs - I used homemade breadcrumbs and will post recipe soon.
How to make meatballs without breadcrumbs
Breadcrumbs and egg role in meatball is to bind so the meatballs hold shape. To make meatballs without breadcrumbs, substitute breadcrumbs for plain flour or oats. Details in recipe card below
How to make Meatballs
This is how to make meatballs step by step:
1)In a bowl, add egg, parsley, black pepper, oregano, seasoning cube, breadcrumbs, onion, water and mix.
2) Add in minced meat and mix gently with your hands.
3) Scoop some of the meat into your wet or oiled palm. Roll between your palms into round shape and place on baking tray. (For consistent size, use ice cream scoop)
4) Repeat step 3 till all meatballs are used up.
5) Bake in oven at a temperature of 200 Celcius or 400F for 10 - 15 minutes. Use meat thermometer to ensure that the inside is at least 165 degrees F or 75 degrees celcius. Turn the side halfway into baking time to cook the other side.
Best Served warm.
TIPS for oven baked meatballs recipe
You can add additional seasoning like garlic and coriander.
Don't over mix the beef to avoid meatballs coming out tough.
Turn the meatballs halfway into baking time to cook the other side.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR MEATBALLS RECIPE
How long do you bake meatballs in oven?
10 - 15 minutes at 400F or 200C depending on size of the meatballs.
What can i use to replace breadcrumbs?
You can use Plain flour or oats to substitute breadcrumbs.
What can i use instead of eggs in meatballs
Add olive oil in water and use with breadcrumbs. Details in recipe card below.
How to freeze meatballs
Put meatballs in freezer safe container or ziplock bags, label with dates and freeze. Meatballs can be frozen for up to 3 months.
It can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Other delicious recipes on the blog :
Easy Homemade Meatballs
- 500 g Minced meat
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ Cup Breadcrumbs or blended Oats
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- ¼ tbsp Black pepper
- ¼ tspn Oregano
- 1 Seasoning cube optional
- ⅛ cup Water or milk
- In a bowl, add egg, parsley, black pepper, oregano, seasoning cube, breadcrumbs, onion and water. Mix well.
- Add in minced meat and mix gently with your hands.
- Scoop some of the meat onto your wet palm. Roll between your palms into round shape and place on baking tray
- Repeat step 3 till all meatballs are used up
- Bake in the oven at temperature of 200 Celcius or 400 F for 10- 15 minutes. Use meat thermometer to ensure that the inside is atleast 165 degrees F or 75C . Turn the meatballs halfway into baking time to cook the other side.
Share, rate and comment below. Also don't forget to subscribe to get free recipes in your email.